Edelweiss Broking Ltd is a well-known Group in the financial sector. They have a mid-sized retail broking business with a client base of 5 lakh plus. You don’t have to think much about them as 5 lacs can’t go wrong. You yourself can check Edelweiss Brokerage Charges. To know them better.
Edelweiss group started their journey with Edelweiss capital ltd around 20 years back in 1995. From then till now they are a company worth INR 32,000 Crore with over 6000 employees working in different verticals. In their 2 decades journey, they have also acquired some major companies like Anagram Capital, Forefront & recently JP Morgan AMC (India).
In this Journey of 20 years, they have been rewarded by multiple organizations for various contributions towards the financial service sector. Recently in 2016, they have been awarded as the “Best Broker” in India by Finance Asia (Hongkong) Country Awards. In 2015, they also won the “Best equity Broking house” (mid-size) award at the BSE – D&B Equity Broking Awards.
Edelweiss Brokerage Charges & Fees
Edelweiss Broking Ltd has two different types of Brokerage offerings to their clients – Investor Plan & Trader Plan. Investor Plans are mainly for those who are looking for long term or secured form on investment like mutual fund & Trader Plans for those who want to invest in equity. Trader plan later has multiple bifurcations based on the Margin amount a client wants to start the stock investment with, trader plans are made for investment inequities. Here are the tables for both the plans.
|Plan 1||Plan 2|
|Mutual Fund |
|1st Yr Free, 2nd Yr is |
|1st Yr Free, 2nd Yr is |
|Rs. 150 per |
|Rs. 120 per Lot|
|Rs. 50 per Lot||Rs. 30 per Lot|
|Rs. 750||Rs. 750|
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4|
|Futures & |
Does Edelweiss provide such offers that you can’t refuse? Yes, it does. This major full-service broker does provide some amazing offers which are quite unique to the context of the stockbroking sector. One of the most known offers in this industry running from 2 years in “Free Demat Account” and yes Edelweiss also provide this offer. They also provide 1 year AMC charge-free offer which is being promoted as Free Demat. This offer is one common offer which is provided by mostly all brokers in the industry.
Edelweiss is also giving very decent offers on brokerage. If anyone compares plan 4 off with most of the full-service broker, edelweiss will steal the show, with 0.10% brokerage charges for delivery trading & 0.01% brokerage charges for intraday trading, this is definitely one of the best offerings by any full-service broker in the industry.
Another major offer running in this industry is time taken for opening a demat account. Edelweiss is a pioneer for this offer. They are always innovating the technique & making it easier for their prospects to open a demat account. Currently, they have an offer of opening a demat account in just 15 minutes. This proposition is highly salable & attracts prospects towards the broker, specifically those clients who want to bag an opportunity really fast.
Products & Services
Edelweiss is one of the few broking brands who are very powerful in ethics. They are quite reluctant to innovate with services too much and thrives on a powerful mantra of dedicated customer service & powerful research.
Services offered by Edelweiss
- Demat Account – One of the most common services provided by all brokers. Edelweiss provides a demat account at absolutely free of cost for the 1st A prospect will be able to open a demat account in just 15 minutes.
- Research – Major Service of edelweiss is to provide a huge bandwagon of research to its clients. Research is divided into two – For Investors & for Traders. Research for Investors they have some unique programs like Edelstar, Mid Cap Marvels & Top Picks, these are names given to the various combinations of stocks which will be recommended to the clients based on their investing habits or portfolio. Research recommendations for Traders have some other advisory programs like Sectorial ideas, Udaan & AOTA (Active Options Trading Account).
- Guided Portfolios – Edelweiss also provides Portfolio Management services which they call as a guided portfolio.
Product offerings of Edelweiss
- Equity – Investment in Stock or Shares
- Derivatives – Investment in Options & Futures
- Commodity – Investment in Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, etc
- Mutual Funds – Medium risk investment product
- Currency – Investment in Dollar, Euro, Yen or others
Edelweiss Trading Platforms
Edelweiss’s retail broking arm has some very smart trading platforms to offer to their clients. Some of these trading platforms have won some well-known awards in the broking sector. Let discuss their trading platforms –
Edelweiss Mobile Trader
This is a mobile app from edelweiss which can be accessed from both android & iOS phones. It is extremely fast to work on & provides a wide range of services like buying & selling of stocks, secure trading, quick access to markets, real-time stock price & many more.
This is a browser-based trading platform which provides all sort of trading-related services like technical data, research reports, charts, live quotes & more.
Another highly advanced trading platform on the web which provides real-time news, analysis, and instant trades from a click of a button. This platform majorly used for extreme advanced technical analysis.
Just like its name it is an extremely fast trading platform which can place a trade in less than 3 seconds.
Pay only ₹20 per order for Intraday, F&O, Currencies, and Commodities.