Before looking into Kotak Securities Brokerage Charges & review, Let’s read through some important information about the company.
About Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities Limited was founded in 1994 & currently considered as one of the largest stockbroking houses in India, headquartered in Mumbai. Kotak Securities is a full-service broker with a massive customer base ranging from 1-1.2 million. They are a stockbroking arm of Kotak Mahindra Group having 1200+ branches & franchisees across 359 cities in India. Kotak Securities is a highly recognized member of the Bombay Stock Exchange & National Stock Exchange delivering 5 lakh trades on a daily basis. They are also a depository participant with National Securities Depository Limited (NDSL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
Kotak Securities have been rewarded with many Awards in the near past, they have been voted as the “Broker of the Year” by The Asian Banker’s Financial Markets Business Achievement Awards 2014. In 2013, Awarded as Best Equity Broking House by D&B Equity Broking Awards. They have always been considered as a highly influential stock broking house within the Broking Sector.
Kotak Securities Brokerage Charges & Fees
There are two types of Brokerage Plans of Kotak Securities:
Dynamic Brokerage Plans – Dynamic Brokerage Plan is promoted for those who want to save big on brokerage. With Dynamic Brokerage Plan a client can avail brokerage as low as 18 paise on delivery trading. Find below detailed view of Dynamic Brokerage Plan:
|Delivery Trading – Brokerage |
is Charged based on
Monthly Volume of
|Monthly Volume||Brokerage Charges|
|Less than 1 Lakh||0.59%|
|1 – 5 Lakh||0.55%|
|5 – 10 Lakh||0.45%|
|10 – 20 Lakh||0.36%|
|20 – 60 Lakh||0,27%|
|60 lakh – 2 crore||0.23%|
|Greater than 2 crore||0.18%|
|Intraday Trading – Brokerage is Charged based on Monthly Volume of Transaction|
|Monthly Volume||Brokerage Charges|
|Less than 25 Lakhs||0.06%|
|25 Lakhs – 2 Crores||0.05%|
|2 Crores – 5 Crores||0.04%|
|Greater than 5 Crores||0.03%|
Advance Brokerage Plans – This is quite a unique plan for any investor where he/she can earn the brokerage back over a period of time by doing multiple transactions. In this plan the Client has to pay a certain sum of the brokerage in advance to Kotak Security & the same brokerage can be earned back over a period of time by the client by doing stock transactions. In this way, the client ends up paying very low brokerage in a span of time. This plan comes with a 12-month validity within which the client can earn back the brokerage paid in advance.
|Plan||Advance Fee||Delivery Brokerage||Intraday Brokerage|
The validity of all the above-mentioned plans is 12 Months.
Kotak Securities Offers
Kotak Securities is renowned as a premium broker in the stockbroking sector. They have some really interesting offers which are majorly related to their Brokerage. Like 18 paise brokerage related to dynamic brokerage plan and advanced brokerage plan where a client can earn back the brokerage paid to amount over a period of time.
They have also come up with All in one account feature where a client can open Saving, Demat & Trading Account at the same time, this is convenient for many clients who don’t want to link their existing savings account to Demat account. Also, this reduces the burden of the documentation process of the client to quite an extent.
Kotak securities also provide a “Free Demat Account” promotional offer where the client doesn’t have to bear any annual maintenance charges. This offer only waives off AMC but not any other charges like Demat opening charges & taxes.
One of the unique offers Kotak provides is happy hour trading. This offers flashes in the trading platform where the client can get flat 50% off on brokerage.
Another Interesting offer available with Kotak Securities is Double or Quits. This offer also flashes within the trading platform where the client can either pay double the brokerage or don’t pay any brokerage basis the performance of his/her stocks. If the client makes a profit on selling the stock then he has to pay double the brokerage or if he/she makes losses then the brokerage is waived off.
Kotak Securities Products & Services
Kotak Securities offers a wide range of Products & Services.
Services offered by Kotak Securities
- Demat Account – Every Full service & discount broker in the stock market sector offers Demat account to their client, this is a major product which Kotak securities sell on a daily basis to the prospects. Demat account is like a bank account for dematerialized stock scripts.
- Equity Trading Account – Along with Demat account Kotak securities also provides a trading account. In this account, a client can keep their money & via this money they can buy & sell shares.
- 2 in 1 Trading Account – This is a combination of Demat & Trading Account which Kotak securities sell to their client.
- Trinity Account or 3 in 1 Account – Kotak securities’ most famous & highly promoted account is trinity account. This is a combination of saving, demat & trading account.
- Linked Account – This is a unique concept of Kotak where a client of a different broker can link their saving & demat account with Kotak securities trading account & perform trades. This feature is available only with few banks like Kotak Mahindra Bank, ING Vysya Bank, IndusInd Bank, Federal Bank, Union Bank of India, Citibank or Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- RGESS – The Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme is an investment option that allows anyone holding a demat & trading account to invest in the form of Equity Investment & also enjoy tax exemption up to Rs.25,000.
- PMS – Portfolio Management Services is used majorly by those clients who have massive holdings in their portfolio & they want to get it managed by the highly experienced fund managers. The objective of portfolio managers is to invest the client’s money in a very productive manner which grows on a consistent basis.
- Kotak Private Client Group – This is an exclusive product from Kotak securities which mainly caters to HNI’s (High Networth Individuals) & Corporates.
- Kotak Pearl Account – This is also an exclusive Kotak product that caters only to women investors. It is designed in a way that helps female investors achieve their goals.
Products offered by Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities provides all security market products to their clients. Some of them are Equity Trading, Derivatives, Mutual Funds, IPO’s (Initial Public Offering), Exchange Trading Fund (ETFs), Currency, Tax-Free Bonds, Gold Exchange Traded Funds (GETFs), Stock Lending & Borrowing Mechanism (SLBM) & Interest Rate Futures.
Along with these services & products they provide a wide range of value-added services as well. Some of these value-added services are Willsecure, Autoinvest, Margin Trading, Super Multiple, BNST, Portfolio Tracker, SMS alerts, indicators & technical charts, capital gain reports, stock as margin, AMO.
Kotak Securities Trading Platforms
Kotak provides multiple trading platforms for every type of client. As per client usage behavior trading platforms also varies. Some of the well-known trading platforms of Kotak securities are –
- Website – A client can log in to the kotak website & start trading.
- KEAT ProX – It is the most famous trading platform from Kotak. It has all features which a trading platform requires from live market updates, buy and sell the option in real-time to portfolio management feature & Watchlist. It is a flagship Kotak tool for trading.
- Kotak Stock Trader – It is specifically designed for mobile which clients can use from any time & anywhere.
- Fastlane – This is a browser-based trading platform that has similar features as in KEAT ProX.
- Xtraline – This is a browser-based application that can work at a very slow internet connection as well. Specially designed for tier 2 and tier 3 cities where the internet is very slow.
- Dealer Assigned Trading – This is an offline feature rather than a Trading platform where are client can directly go to a nearest Kotak securities office and get the investment or trading done from the outlet.
- Call & Trade – This is another trading feature where the client can directly call the dealer & get the trading done on his behalf.
Pay only ₹20 per order for Intraday, F&O, Currencies, and Commodities.