In the past few years, Discount brokers are gaining huge popularity in India. So, we thought of sharing unbiased reviews and useful information on different discount brokers in India. Upstox is referred to as technology’s first low-cost discount broker. Here, you shall know the process of Demat and Trading Account opening & brokerage charges while opening an account with Upstox. An exclusive Upstox Review is there to guide you on your investing path.
Upstox Review: A Glimpse
RKSV Securities known as Upstox is a discount broking company. This is quite different from a full-service broking company. It was established in 2011, with an objective “to provide an easier trading platform and at a low brokerage”.
The company changed its name to Upstox in 2016, aligned with its mission “to make cutting-edge trading software accessible to every citizen of India so that trading and investing in the stock markets is possible for all.”
Therefore, Upstox provides its services through online mode. In fact, online portal access is a common feature of most of the discount brokers in India.
Discount Brokers in India provide services at very low rates of brokerage. However, they do not provide value-added services like investment advisory, research report, relationship management, and other services.
- You can enjoy low pricing benefits.
- You have the power of advanced charting and lightning-fast market data.
- The full bouquet of service is offered through its website that’s quite easy to scroll.
- Web and mobile-based share trading terminal further eases the investing and trading process.
Upstox (RKSV): Product and Services offered
- Equity Trading
- Derivatives Trading
- Demat Services
- NRI Trading
- Mutual Funds
- Tools and Calculators like Brokerage, Margin, Options calculator.
Upstox Account Opening & Annual Maintenance Charges:
- Upstox Demat Account Opening Charges: NIL
- Upstox Demat Annual Maintenance charges: Rs.150 (upfront)
- Upstox Trading Account Opening charges (one time): Rs.150 for equity, F&O & Rs.150 for commodity
- Upstox Trading Annual Maintenance charges (AMC): NIL
Adding all the above, Total account opening fee: (150+150+150)+18%GST= Rs.531 only
Upstox Brokerage Plans
Upstox charges flat Rs. 20 brokerage/ trade from its customers or .01% (whichever is lower). Brokerage for equity delivery is not charged from customers.
The details of brokerage and margin by Upstox:
- Basic Plan: Flat Rs 20/ trade brokerage or .01% (whichever is lower).
- Priority Plan: Flat Rs 30/ trade brokerage or .05% (whichever is lower).
- Intraday leverage of 15x on equities for FNO listed scrips, 2x for scrips with 20% circuit limit, 3x on NSE F&O, 3x on BSE/NSE Currency F&O and 2.5x on MCX Futures
- Special Margins (Cover Order or Bracket Order): 20x on NSE/BSE Cash, up to 6x in NSE Futures, Up to 4x in Currency futures, up to 3x in MCX.
|Transaction Cost for 1 crore turnover|
Upstox Trading Platform
Upstox provides 3 trading platforms to its customers:
1. Upstox Pro web:
The platform can be accessed from the web browser. Few important features of Upstox Pro Web are:
- Depth of book widget (to spot imbalances quickly and liquidity)
- Real-time margin
- One-click trade
- Keyboard shortcuts
2. Upstox Pro mobile:
The platform can be accessed from ios and android mobile devices. The main highlights of the app are:
- Cross-platform (accessed from multiple devices)
- Easy fund transfer
- Instant notification
- Real-time quotes
In fact, these exclusive features make it a great user interactive platform to trade from.
3. Nest Trading terminal:
A desktop-based trading software specially developed for the trading needs of high-value elite traders. The numerous benefits of this platform are:
- Customizable interference
- Low latency and enterprise-level stability
- Multi-monitor support
- Advanced charting
- Advanced order types
- Mouse and keyboard friendly
Upstox Demat & Trading Account Opening: Process & Documents Required
You can open a Demat and trading account through simple online mode. The account opening process and verification take just a few minutes.
So, one needs to upload the scanned copies of the following documents:
- Aadhaar Number
- PAN Card
- Canceled Cheque or latest bank statement with IFSC/MICR code mentioned on it.
For verification, you shall receive an OTP online on your mobile number that has been registered to your Aadhar card.
But, if you are not comfortable with the online process for opening account, you can download the form. Complete it and send all the required documents through courier.
Upstox Account: Pros & Cons
- In the Basic plan, you are charged a flat brokerage rate of Rs 20 per trade or .01% whichever is lower.
- No brokerage is charged for the equity delivery trade.
- You can open a Demat and trading account in few minutes with digital KYC.
- An advanced trading platform to use.
- A responsive customer support service.
- No unnecessary value-added services being offered to the clients.
- It offers IPO investment & SIP investment also.
- No research reports are usually generated for clients.
- Call and trade facility is charged Rs 20/call.
- No facility of relationship manager.
Upstox referral program
Upstox has designed a referral program for its existing customers. Now, for every new Demat account which has been referred by you, you can earn a certain % of brokerage for every trade of referrers. This helps in bringing down the overall cost for investors as well as the company.
Upstox Review: A Final Conclusion
Upstox is an online brokerage firm provides services at a very competitive rate. Discount brokers are most suitable for frequent traders and investors with high trade amount who do their own research and analysis before investing.
One of the key aspects of trading with Upstox is an advanced trading platform that hosts a bulk of features for stock analysis. This type of brokerage is suitable for traders and investors who depend on their Relationship Manager for execution and advisory services.
No doubt, you can find various stockbrokers offering a demat account with low brokerage around. So, having a look at other service providers is also a cool idea.
We here recommend you Upstox as we think this is the best demat account for your needs.
Click here for the best offers. We are an authorised person of Upstox, we can assist you with everything and provide you industry leading offers.
Pay only ₹20 per order for Intraday, F&O, Currencies, and Commodities.